House MD was wounded in 7x15 ("Bomb Shells") and came to an early end in 7x23 ("Moving On"). Today's announcement is but an official acknowledgement of what already happened last season. The show was in a coma, time to pull the plug. By the way, this is some evidence why the season 7 finale was no laughing matter to me and many other people:
- "Man Drives Car Into House," KOAT Albuquerque, Sep. 24, 2011;
- "Man douses self, car in gas; drives into ex's home," KOB TV Albuquerque, Jan. 21, 2011;
- "Charles Patrick O'Bryan Tries To Kill Wife By Driving Into A Waffle House: Cops," Huffington Post, Aug. 6, 2011;
- "Man drives car into estranged wife’s house," Denver Examiner, Nov. 8, 2010;
- "Man drives into ex-girlfriend's home - 10-month-old son, mother unharmed," Concord Monitor, Oct. 26, 2011;
- "Dad Drives Car Into House: Mum And Baby Die," Sky News, Nov. 2, 2010;
- "Video catches man crashing through gas station while trying to run down his girlfriend," in The Blaze, Dec. 14, 2011.
Any more stupid questions?